PopCase’s integrated, sliding handle sits on a thin plastic strip that moves up and down along the channels on the sides of the case. The channel allows users to slide up and perfectly center the grip, providing a balanced editing and viewing experience, and slide down for portrait mode, ideal for FaceTime, Zoom calls, video making TikTok and wireless charging.
“When we launched the original grip in 2014, it seemed natural to us to attach the grip to the center of the phones. gripping experience,” noted Randy Tchang, VP of Design and Development at PopSockets. “COVID-19 has reminded us how important video calls are to staying in touch with our friends, family and peers – being able to quickly turn your booth into portrait mode is a must now and in the future. “
The hero line includes four translucent colourways including Spearmint, Peachy, Purple, and Clear. Seen the product video here.
Additional features of PopCase:
- Fall Protection: Shock absorbing egg crate geometry tested up to 10 ‘.
- Protective design: Raised bezel for screen protection
- Interchangeable handles: press and turn the handle 90 ° to swap it with one of 500 and more handle options
- Slim design: for improved Qi wireless charging
- PopMount Compatibility: Works with all PopSockets media
- PopCase is available now at popsockets.com, select Target stores, and online for the iPhone 12/12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. Select cases available on Amazon.
- PopCase for iPhone 13/13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max is available for pre-order online
- Availability for iPhone 11/11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone X / XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR will be on popsockets.com on October 1st
PopSockets was founded in 2010 by a former professor of philosophy David barnett, who was looking for a way to keep his earphone cord from tangling when he glued two buttons to the back of his phone and wrapped his cord around them. In 2014, PopSockets launched from Barnett’s garage in Boulder, CO, and today it has offices around the world. PopSockets exists to change the world for the better with empowering, expressive, fun products and community activism. Products include PopGrip, PopTop, PopCase, PopWallet +, PopMounts and PopGrip Slide Stretch. Over 230 million PopSockets grips have been sold worldwide. In 2018, PopSockets launched Poptivism, a charitable giving platform where customers create their own PopGrip designs, and PopSockets donates 50% of sales to the charity of their choice. The brand donated more $ 4 million in cash and products to 400 nonprofit partners. In 2021, PopSockets was honored as one of the world’s most innovative companies from Fast Company.